The General Motor's New Devices Section provides
our customers and friends who are not General Motors
employees with an opportunity to submit ideas, inventions
and suggestions. In order to be considered, these submissions
must be currently patented, or meet the conditions and legal requirements to be patentable.
For more information regarding the patentability of inventions, we have provided this link to the United States Patent and Trademark Office at http://www.uspto.gov/index.html
Additionally , the inventions submitted through our New Devices Section must relate to new or improved:
The following will NOT be considered by the General Motors' New Devices Section:
- Products or Product-related Technologies
- Manufacturing methods, or
- Inventions which cannot be patented
- CONFIDENTIAL Information of any type
- Styling of products
- Selling or Advertising schemes
- Product names, slogans, or logos
- Ways of conducting some part of the business
Please note that receipt of your submission creates no obligation on the part of GM in any way and GM does not consider it confidential. Your submission is being delivered voluntarily and without restriction and we conclude that GM is free to use the information provided.
GM does not accept any legal obligation (whether of confidentiality, compensation, return or otherwise) with respect to any ideas, proposals, concepts, suggestions or materials submitted to us unless we agree to such obligations in a signed document. We also specifically reserve the right to implement similar ideas in the future without restriction or obligation.
All GM employees are governed by the Terms of Employment. Employees should only enter information which they are permitted to enter in accordance with those terms. There is no compensation for ideas submitted by GM employees. GM employees who are qualified to make submissions under the Quality Network Suggestion Plan (QNSP) and who wish to have their ideas considered by the QNSP must make a separate submission under the QNSP.
I understand and agree to be bound to the following terms and conditions when I submit my idea to GM
- I am at least 18 years old.
- I agree that all information provided is given entirely
- To the best of my knowledge, all of the ideas I am submitting
are not the property of others and all other information
furnished to GM are true and correct.
- I am not violating any agreement or understanding I have with
another party, including my current or former employer.
- No implied contractual relationship arises from my submission.
- I am aware that under the law of the United States and most
foreign countries, I may be able to protect my idea through
application for patents, trademarks, copyrights or maintain
my idea as a "trade secret" by protecting it
from non-confidential disclosure.
- I am giving up all copyright claims, all derivation proceeding claims under 35 U.S.C. §135 or otherwise, and all other intellectual property right claims (other than trademark claims and other patent claims) I may have against GM for copying, disclosing, evaluating or otherwise using my idea.
- Any materials I submit will not be returned to me and will be
retained by GM.
- GM is under no obligation to use my idea or to hold it in
- I will not be compensated for any ideas submitted to GM
or for any ideas developed by GM independent of my idea
submission. This Paragraph 10 does not waive claims under any valid and enforceable patent.