Welcome to the New Devices Section
The General Motors New Devices Section provides our customers and friends who are not General Motors employees with an opportunity to submit ideas, inventions and suggestions. Please note that due to the large number of submissions, GM does not provide individualized responses to the submissions.
Under the law of the United States and most foreign countries, you may be able to protect your ideas through, for example, applications for patents, trademarks, or copyrights, or by maintaining your ideas as a "trade secret" by protecting them from non-confidential disclosure. By making a submission to GM, you may limit your ability to protect your ideas. We recommend that, before submitting your ideas to us, you consult an attorney for professional advice.
The following terms and conditions apply to any submission that you provide to us. Please read them carefully, they indicate that all submissions are on a non-confidential basis and that GM will provide no compensation to you as a result of the submissions.
- "GM" collectively refers to General Motors LLC and its affiliates, including any entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, General Motors LLC.
- Receipt by GM of this submission or any prior or subsequent related submission creates no obligation whatsoever on the part of GM, whether legal, implied or otherwise (whether of confidentiality, compensation, return, use, not use or otherwise).
- This submission and any prior or subsequent related submission to GM are not confidential. GM will have no confidentiality obligations whatsoever with respect to this or any prior or subsequent related submission to GM. To the extent that any part of this submission or any prior or subsequent related submission to GM is marked as "CONFIDENTIAL," "SECRET," "PROPRIETARY" or with other words to that effect, such notations will have no effect and will create no obligation whatsoever on GM.
- This submission and any prior or subsequent related submission to GM are provided to GM entirely voluntarily, without restrictions and without expectation of any compensation. I will not be compensated for this submission or any prior or subsequent related submission to GM, including for anything developed by GM that is or may appear to be dependent on or otherwise related to the submissions.
- GM can make any use whatever of this and any prior or subsequent related submission to GM absolutely free and without being obligated to me in any way. For example and without limitation, GM is free to implement the same or similar ideas as those in this or any prior or subsequent related submission to GM without any restriction and without any obligation to me whatsoever.
- To the best of my knowledge, all of the ideas in this and any prior or subsequent related submission to GM are not the property of others, and all the information furnished to GM is true and correct.
- I am not violating any agreement or understanding I have with another person or party, including my current or former employer, by providing this information to GM.
- I am not a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or the Crimea region of Ukraine.
- I understand that this submission may go to countries outside of the United States, and certify that I am not violating any laws or regulations of the U.S. or another applicable jurisdiction, including those relating to export controls, by providing this information to GM.
- I am aware that under the law of the United States and most foreign countries, I may be able to protect my ideas through, for example, applications for patents, trademarks, or copyrights, or by maintaining my ideas as a "trade secret" by protecting them from non-confidential disclosure. I am aware that making submissions to GM may limit my ability to protect my ideas.
- I am giving up all copyright claims, all derivation proceeding claims under 35 U.S.C. 135 or otherwise, all trademark claims, and all other intellectual property right claims (other than infringement claims under any valid and enforceable patent) I may have against GM relating to this or any prior or subsequent related submission to GM, including without limitation, for copying, disclosing, evaluating or otherwise using any ideas contained in the submissions.
- Any materials I submit will not be returned to me and may be retained by GM.
- These terms do not waive infringement claims under any valid and enforceable patent.
- The laws of the State of Michigan shall apply for purposes of governing, construing and enforcing all of the rights and duties of the parties arising from or relating in any way to this agreement. Any dispute arising from or relating in any way to this agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts located in Detroit, Michigan.
- These terms and conditions represent the entire agreement between me and GM concerning this and any prior or subsequent related submission to GM and supersede any other agreements, representations, understandings, proposals, communications, or negotiations, if any, relating thereto, whether oral or written. No waiver or change to these terms and conditions will have any force or effect unless made in writing and signed by hand (not electronically) both by me and by an authorized officer of GM.